In search of healthy and fun meals to feed my family, with an eye toward sustainable living.

Here you'll find recipes & ramblings about keeping my family fed with what's available in Alaska between local produce, a little bit of wild harvest, and the modern grocery store.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

In praise of my breakfast-cooking husband


It's Saturday, and I don't have to be at work until noon. We've already had our cup of coffee with biscotti, and now the Prof (my husband) is in the kitchen with the pixie in tow to cook us breakfast: Smoked salmon omelettes -- one of my favorites, and nobody makes them as yummy as he does!

Pixie (11 years old) is learning how to chop the onions and peppers just right, teenage son is catching up on his beauty sleep, and I'm lying in bed (yes, propped up with pillows and laptop in my lap), and I get to launch my new blog! Good smells are wafting in from downstairs -- ahhh, this is heaven on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment